As your business grows, you will transition to being an employer by hiring employees. Growing your busi-ness comes with responsibilities! You will want to be armed with relevant information to consider when you are ready to hire your first employees. Come join this session where many of these relevant considerations will be reviewed, such as:
- Understand the difference between an employee and a 1099 service provider
- Review of filing for federal and state registration numbers
- What Insurances do you need?
- New Hire paperwork requirements and record keeping
- Important Labor Laws regarding pay
- What are payroll tax liabilities and the tax reporting requirements
- Using a payroll service
At the end of this session, you will have a better understanding of the necessary documents, record keeping requirements and tax liabilities involved in being an employer.
This is a free event designed for management personnel in technology and
life science start-up companies. Free parking and light refreshments are provided. Limited space is available.
To register please click here.
Linda Crist has been an account manager with ComputerSearch Payroll services for 4 years. Her role is to assist new business’s with their start-up payroll needs. In addition, she has previous experience in advertising sales, event man-agement and sales management. She has her B.S. in Business Administration and Marketing from SUNY Fredonia.